Saturday, January 29, 2011

What if...

What if I had never decided to be a writer.  Then maybe I'd be free to do other stuff, like visit China.  "Do they serve Mexican food there?"  I'd drop in on the panda bears, tempted to feed them... "Psssst... Mr. Bear, you ever try a burrito?"  But I can't do that.  "Why?"  I'm too busy trying to come up with good characters, compelling story lines, industry-approved fasteners.  "I'm sorry, Sir, we'll have to execute you-- you used  the wrong brads..." I tell you, writing's no walk in the park.  It's bear eat bear out there... "Unfortunately, we don't accept unsolicited material..."  Excuuuuuse me!  "You're accusing me of solicitation?!"  Maybe I should try something more stable, like acting... Yeah, maybe I will... By the way, what's a headshot?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you'd be able to get tortillas with every meal in China.... just something to keep in mind before you book a flight.

    ReplyDelete