Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I smell smoke

Not that I have any regrets about being a writer, but... I wouldn't mind being a firefighter.  I could keep track of the Dalmation's spots... "I know how to count by 2's, Chief.  Even 4's."  I could also be in charge of cooking "Want jelly on that sandwich, fellas?"  Yes, I'd be an outstanding fireman, with some conditions, of course.  Like, I wouldn't actually go out and fight those dangerous blazes.  You see, smoke might get in my eyes... "My contacts!" But I'm sure the fire chief would understand.  I mean, somebody's got to wash the firetrucks, right?  "Who took the waterhose?" Why, I could even teach CPR (I hear those mannequins are pretty cute these days)...  About the only drawback to firefighting that I see is having to stay overnight at the firehouse.  See, I have this favorite blanky and... "Don't suck your thumb!" What if the guys tease me... They wouldn't do that, would they?  "You miss your mommy?" Now that I think about it, maybe I'll just stick to writing... or... "How much do pilots make?"






No comments:

Post a Comment