Friday, February 4, 2011

Where's The Soap?

Not that I spend hours watching soap operas, but... How is it everybody's a surgeon or high-powered attorney on those soaps?  Everybody... "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, we'll prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that my client's long-lost evil twin committed this crime, right before 'he' became a 'she'."  Don't any of the townsfolk settle on a telemarketing career?  Or report to work at the local doughnut shop?  "Apple fritter coming right up!"  Again, I don't watch soaps, honest (ignore the crossed fingers behind my back).   But I've been told that only pretty people are allowed on those shows...  "Ugly Duckings Keep Out." Yeah, and people with an overbite are hauled away, never to be seen again.  Pity the fool who dares to break out with a pimple.  "Arrest that whitehead!"  I think it's safe to say that soap operas do not reflect the real world... I mean, those guys get six-packs just by bending over to tie their shoes.  And the women, they're all size zeroes... "I ate too much... a baby carrot."   Heck, even the town bum walks around in designer suits.  "Like my shirt?"  It's also noted that sooner or later everybody ends up in the same hospital, too, on death's doorstep... "Is this covered by Obama Care?"  I'm just glad I don't watch those silly soaps... I've got better things to focus on... like reality TV...  

1 comment:

  1. Hmm.. maybe all those surgeons and attorneys went to St. Lucy's?? Just a thought....

    ReplyDelete