Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Good Deals Aplenty!

As I take a breather from writing, I have a chance to think about garage sales.  Much to my chagrin, they're never for sale.  Talk about false advertisement... "But I want this 3-car garage... I want it! I want it! I want it!"  Still, you do find great deals at these venues (I'm just about done with this year's Christmas shopping.). You never know what you might find at bargain prices.  That includes valuable jewelry, artifacts, and half-eaten snacks once bitten by famous actors and celebrities. "This granola bar was chewed on by all of the Kardashian sisters."  I really recommend garage sales.  It's a great way to make new friends and get decorating tips as you sneak inside to use their bathrooms.  "Don't sell that plunger!"  If you time it right, the homeowner will be distracted to the point of selling you items at a great discount, too.  "I'll give you 20 bucks for that." (How do you think my daughter's getting her first car?) Personally, I don't know why people sell their personal belongings (You never know when 8-track tape players will reappear).  Unless they're shoes.  You should see my wife's closet (she's claimed sole ownership).  Call it the Great Wall of High Heels.  In that case, I'm totally in favor of selling such items.  "What about your baseball cards?"  Except my baseball cards.  "Stay away from my Sammy Sosa rookie cards!"  They're the best investment I ever made... right next to the deal with that Madoff guy...

No comments:

Post a Comment