Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dude, Why So Rude?

It's really, really  tough for me to write today....  This is a really difficult subject to tackle... "But... but... why?"  Well, I don't want to offend anyone... (I have to remind myself that I'm just the messenger... ) "Pssssst, you're just the messenger..."  But what's my mom going to think?  "If you don't have anything nice to say..."  See, I was raised to see the good in people.  Only the good.  Unless I'm cut off on the freeway.  Or told I'm ugly.  Or offered a stale piece of birthday cake... "Words will never hurt you, mijo..."  Okay, I gave everybody fair warning.  What I'm about to present will surely ruffle some feathers (I just hope I'm not the cause of an international incident)...  Here goes nothing:  Recently, I stumbled upon a list of the world's Rudest Nations: France, Russia, Britain, Germany, and Other (I've always wanted to go to Other).  This according to a survey of very offended travelers... "You offend me!"  Now, thanks to that list, I'll save tons of money -- I refuse to visit any of those countries... other than Other...  "Other is so nice this time of year..."  But what about the United States?  Why aren't we on that list?!  "We're as rude as they come!"  If I want to be humiliated, mistreated, or just plain disrespected, I'll just stay here in the states, visit Yankee Stadium... or perhaps Fenway Park.  I don't have to spend thousands of dollars on foreign travel when I can find all the rude people I want here in the U.S. of A.  "Is this a great country or what? -- and plenty rude, too."  You better believe it... Rude and proud of it.  "And don't you forget it, Mister!"  How could I?  As it is, so many people tell me I'm Number One every day of the week... 

No comments:

Post a Comment