Friday, June 8, 2012

Can I Bring Lunch To Brunch?

Awhile back there was a lot of criticism directed at a certain celebrity.  People wouldn't stop talking about him... "Did he break the law or something?"  Uh, no... "How bad's the mug shot?"  Uh, if you'd let me explai --  "What naughty images did he post on a social network?" -- Please, let me finish!  Jeez...  The criticism dumped on this guy was so uncalled for, if you ask me.  "Can I ask you something?"  Not now.   You see, our celebrity friend was spotted with a lunch bag.   In a restaurant.   So what?!  "You're pulling my leg."  I'm not pulling anything.  Look, I don't see anything wrong with walking into a restaurant with a lunch bag.  Do you?  "I do."  Sorry I asked... My suggestion is that we learn the facts instead of ridiculing this celebrity who shall remain nameless.  "What's his name?"  Look it up yourself.  "Come on, just one little hint..." NO!  It's so obvious that sack lunches have significant meaning for this man.  We should be respectful.  I mean, I'm guessing that he clings to those childhood days when his wonderful mama packed him a delicious lunch, a spicy homemade burrito, with a loving handwritten message tucked inside his Scooby Doo lunch pail --- uh, lunch bag... (excuse me while I dab away some tears... it's my contacts)  Getting back to the celebrity with the sack, uh, lunch: I say, leave the guy alone, okay?  Let him eat his homemade lunch.  At restaurants, the dentist -- or anywhere else he darn well pleases... The guy probably just doesn't want to eat by himself... All you waiters, give him a break, okay?  Be nice, and he'll surely leave a good tip...  "Sir, will you be ordering anything today?"  I actually think it's a nice gesture on the celeb's part.  "How so?"  Can't you see?   "I can't."  He's actually lessening the load for restaurant staff...  From what I understand, this famous patron doesn't put any demands on the waiters, for the most part... "Yes, I'm going to need a doggy bag... for my lunch bag."  Oh...

No comments:

Post a Comment