Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hold the Lettuce!

"911, how can I help you?"
Who am I to judge... "What, you think you're Judge Judy or somethin'?"  After considerable thought, I've come to the realization that emergencies come in all shapes and  sizes... "Excuse me, what does?"  Emergencies.  And that includes those at fast food drive-thrus.  "You're joking, right?  You can't be serious."  I'm very serious (and when I'm asleep, I'm even more serious).  What I've come to appreciate is that some people find it necessary to call 911 when their food orders get messed up.  "And you're gonna tell us that's okay?  You're gonna justify such actions?!"  Hey, I'm just putting it out there for discussion.  Perhaps we can find a happy medium... "I happen to be petite."  All I'm saying is that maybe we shouldn't be so critical, so judgmental of what some consider trivial 911 calls...  "Cops are swamped handing out fix-it tickets -- let them do their job!"  Okay, fine, but I my heart goes out to some of the calls made to dispatchers that are later ridiculed: "I bit into mayo!  This thing's got  mayo -- and now my arteries are clogged!  Get me to ER!"  Okay, so maybe some people are a little melodramatic with their food orders on occasion, but you never know what such conflicts can lead to... Sooner or later -- probably sooner -- the added stress will be linked to a plethora (I have a thing for that word) of ailments that could've been avoided.  "Here comes the big one!"  Then what?  Who's responsible then?  "Pickles?!  Who told you to put pickles?!  I'm allergic to those things!"  Now that I've shed some light -- "You did what?" -- maybe the critics will have a different  view of such 911 calls.  "I need a SWAT team! -- my fries aren't fresh!"  Again, while I don't always agree with such actions, I put myself in these people's buns, uh, shoes for a moment and I understand their concerns more readily...  "You forgot the special sauce!  I don't feel special!  -- I'm gonna jump off a bridge!"  It's time that we stop laughing at these drive-thru victims.  They're human beings just like the rest of us...  "Oh, you bleeding heart tree hugger!"  No, look, all I'm saying is that not everybody likes onions -- or ketchup -- and that's okay.  Let's have a little compassion for this faction of society.  Allow these consumers to have a voice.  Let them be heard.  "Oh, they just cry wolf, wasting taxpayers money!"  You still don't get it, do you?  "I guess I don't."  Maybe we should sit down, discuss it further.  I'm sure we can reach a mutual understanding... "Nothing you say will sway me. I  -- Ah!  Paper cut!  I'm drowning here, in this pool of blood!  Somebody call... gurgle... gurgle... 9...1...1..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment