Thursday, June 21, 2012

Flash Me!

Maybe I'm too sensitive,  I don't know.... "Please, let it out.  Let it all out..."  Oh, I don't want to make a big deal about it, really...  "No, you have to express your feelings, it's okay..."  Well, if you insist... Everybody take a seat.... "I'd rather stand."  Recently, I got my feelings hurt pretty badly.  "You poor thing, what happened?"  I'm heartbroken, actually.  "Don't say it, she -- " He.  It was a 'he.'  "Huh?"  I must say, I never thought it would happen to me.  "Hey, it happens to the best of us..." You see, a few days ago -- it was morning, actually -- I was driving on the freeway and I let a big truck squeeze in front of me.  Then, I waited.  And I waited some more, for some sort of acknowledgment.  Anything.  Any sign of "Thank You!"  Well, I got nothing... That's right, the truck driver did NOT bother to flash his tail lights -- nothing!  "Why, the nerve of that guy!"  That's what I said!  To be taken for granted like that, it hurt.  It really hurt.  In case anyone's wondering, my eyes welled with tears.  "You cried about that?"  Wouldn't you?  "Uh... no..."  What's so difficult about flashing your light to someone in an appreciative way, right?  Right?!  "You may need some help..."  So, what did I do after that?  Why, I did what anybody else with half a brain would do: I followed that truck.  "You what?"  Yeah, I kept pace with that guy for a good long while... I even cut him off.  "You really do need help."  All with the hope that he'd finally flash his lights.  "And...?"  Negative.  So, I slowed down, got behind the big, bad truck again and memorized the license place.  I was determined to have the DMV hear about this absolute lack of manners (All I got was an answering machine, so I left a message.) Anyway, it seems I lost track of time in my quest for the trucker's attention.  "How long were you driving?"  Funny you should ask.  First, the sun started to set -- more than once.  Then, the next I knew, I saw a big sign.  It read:  "Welcome to Canada."  Of all places... "You drove all the way to -- "  Anybody know how to say "I don't have a passport " in Canadian?

No comments:

Post a Comment