Sunday, July 31, 2011

Stop! -- In the name of the -- Never Mind...

I hear a famous game show host recently injured himself while chasing down a burgler.  My question is -- Why?!  "That was a dumb move, Mister."  Look, it's not that I'm afraid or anything but I wouldn't chase after some "bad guy."  What for?  I mean, I already get enough cardio at the gym, guys.  Beside, what if I chased after a burglar and actually caught him -- then what?  What if he's big, and mean and carries a concealed a weapon... "What ya gonna do about it, shorty?"  Talk about awkward.  "Never mind..."  Imagine, a big crowd gathers,  everybody expecting me to make a citizen's arrest.  "I'm not a fighter, I'm a --"  No, catching burglars is not the smartest thing...  Okay,  just for argument's sake, let's say I pin down a burglar.  Fine.   Am I supposed to take him to the police station myself?    In my own car?  "But I don't have a siren."  What if this crook refuses to fasten his seat belt?  "Click it or ticket, Mister."  It could happen, right?  I'd hate to get a ticket for something so preventable.  "Officer, I was just about to drop off this felon at the pokey -- may I be excused?"  No cop's going to care -- he's going to write me up, true or not true?  And what's the first thing my insurance agent's going to do?  (after he sings something about a 'good neighbor')  "I told you not to let strangers ride in your car -- I'll have to raise your rates."  Great, more money out of my pocket.  That's what I get for trying to do the right thing.  "Next time, steal all my worldly possessions.  I don't care!"  Wait, but not my baseball cards, and not my baby pictures, and not the cowboy boots I wore to Grad Night.  Yeah, I better practice those Miranda Rights I learned on TV:  "You have the right to steal most of my stuff..."

No comments:

Post a Comment