Sunday, October 16, 2011

No NBA? No Problem...

For those of you who worry about my well-being, I'm going to be just fine during the NBA lockout.  "You look kinda cross-eyed..." I'm going to be perfectly fine...  "Are you sure you're okay?"  Of course I'm sure... I think...  The first two weeks of the upcoming NBA season have already been wiped out due to labor strife between greedy players and owners... "Cancel the whole season -- I dare ya!"  Well, I'm here to say that I'm moving on with my life... I will survive... (with apologies to Gloria Gaynor)... Why worry about something I can't control, right?   "Get outta town, you selfish owners and players!"  I've already promised myself -- and my manicurist -- that I won't bite my nails during the NBA work stoppage.  And no, I'm not going to pick up any other nervous habits during this idle time either (example: I'm proud of the fact that I'm only consuming about 10-12 cups of coffee each day).  Look at the bright side: no NBA allows us hoop fans to do other things.  I know I'll use the extra time wisely... Why, I'll... I'll -- I'll help around the house... Yeah  -- and I'll watch every 'I Love Lucy' episode for the one-hundredth time... Okay, ya got me -- I'm lying through my teeth!  "Can I curl into the fetal position and cry?"  I miss pro basketball  soooooo much...  I miss it tremendously.  What ever shall I do?!  "Hey, you wanna gather around the television and watch some WNBA?"  Uh... I don't miss basketball that much...

No comments:

Post a Comment