Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Who Knows About My Nose?

I found an interesting e-mail in spam the other day... (no, I didn't open it) Somebody took time out from his/her busy schedule to write me this question: How's your nose?  It caught my eye and I got a little nervous.  I mean, is my nose in some sort of danger?  Is somebody picking on me -- or my nose?   Usually, I'm asked, "How's the family?" or "How's the car running?" But now there's inquiries about my nose?  Is there a rhinoplasty bill I forgot to pay in a previous life?   "We're taking you to collections!"  Thanks to that e-mail, I'm really concerned about my nose.  I hope somebody doesn't come in the middle of the night and try to steal it (I have a nice nose, at least I think so).   "Hey, give me back my nose!"  Then there's a side of me that really regrets deleting that e-mail...  What if it was a well-meaning person, and I cavalierly dumped their positive thoughts...  How insensitive of me.  "I'm sorry, whoever you are."  I really, really am...  Maybe a Good Samaritan noticed something about my sniffer that nobody else is willing to tell me.  "You cowards!  -- spit it out!"  Not that I'm obsessed or anything, but... I can't stop thinking about my nose... I keep looking at my nose... "Your eyes are going to stay that way!"  Yeah,  ever since that question, my nose is all I think about.  It's still there, from what I can tell.   But what if I'm in denial... "What's wrong, nose?  I hate when you don't talk to me..."    I just wish somebody would come forward with the truth...  Is my nose growing? Is it shrinking -- my nose, that is... Why would somebody e-mail me about my nose?   I have a right to nose -- uh, know...  Please, whoever tried to contact me about my schnozz, please write back.  "Let's communicate, let's debate.  Heck, I'm willing to go nose-to-nose if I have to..."  But enough about my nose!  I have to get back to more pressing issues in my life.  Yes, I most certainly do... But first, "Anybody got a mirror?"

No comments:

Post a Comment